Sturgeon Moon


LIKE A FISH UNDER A STURGEON MOON 

Today I'm rolling down on these old known roads;
creating paths
and trails without bumps or stones, here I go.
 
Forget about leaving traces...
I will go places. 
Need no one to find me, or follow behind…
I go up now climbing  ladders I said I would climb.
Watch me out
hurling my fishnet
casting it far, 
catching the biggest shark under a brimming sky, with one large moon
and followed by thousands stars… 

Under this full moon 
I also go fishing for peace, forgiveness, and forgetfulness, and for prayers long forgotten
bellow green palm trees
drenched in rum-coconut water,
resting, day-dreaming and napping. 

Here in Caribbean gardens. 

I'm picking apples 
and cinnamon sticks,
I'm harvesting grapefruits, and fruits and grapes, bananas and grapefruits, camellia flowers for my tea, avocado for my toasts and even chickweed, and mint leaves, and more, for my magical elixirs.

Skyclad I go barefoot to the rockiest beach
fishing, gathering sea stars and blessed water
inside a tin can bucket, collecting sand dollars
to find their little angels 
hidden inside…

I'm swimming at night and the lake and sea birds
are all half asleep 
and half awake, 
while the full sturgeon moon is partying in her own parade...

Finally, under a rare full moon like this one today,
I take you, close to me, making you mine 
I give myself, entirely to you and the witnessing stars, even if you forever will still belong to her.

I cry your name
a medal framed and carved deep into my chest
like a prisoner’s tattoo resistant to sweats, plenty of of tears, and the slow as turtles pass of time...

Harvest is still in full bloom, and larger than our moon, 
I'm boiling wild berries
for you, drawn in red wine and magical Asian spices,
so that its sweet aroma 
be flown to you knocking on your windows
bringing to you memories of me 
Even if you wish 
to resist,
even though thinking of me hurts your gypsy wild soul.

But I'll be calling your name, sending it through the East winds,
under the light of the new moon and all the heaven's stars
with a white or black candle
to grant you love and joy, illuminating your path until you no longer hear my name,
and until I take 
make last mortal breath...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hoping

It's Not You...